Course Completion Card FAQs
It is the responsibility of the AHA Training Center to issue a duplicate card if a card is lost, mutilated or otherwise becomes unusable. All requests for duplicate or replacement cards must be submitted directly to the Training Center that issued the original card. Please note that a Training Center may charge a fee for reissuing a card.
Training Centers must issue course completion cards within 20 days of successful course completion. Please contact your AHA Instructor or Training Center Coordinator if you have any questions about your card.
You will need to contact your Training Center to make any edits to your Completion Card (this is the case whether it is a printed card or an eCard).
To check the validity of an AHA course completion card, contact the Training Center that issued the card. The Training Center’s information can be found on the back of the card. You can also check our Course Card Reference Guide (PDF).
To check the validity of an AHA eCard, visit the My Cards page and enter the code found on the card.
Course completion cards are valid for two years through the end of the month during which the course completion card was issued. For more information, please refer to the Course Card Reference Guide (PDF).
Contact an AHA Training Center near you to inquire about your options for renewing your course completion card. The Training Center will also be able to answer questions about class availability and cost. Find a Training Center near you or contact the Training Center that issued your previous card using the contact information on the back of the card.
• Ask a coworker or friend who took the class with you. The Training Center’s information can be found on the back of his or her card.
• If your school or employer made the arrangements for the class, he or she should have the Training Center’s contact information.
• Do you have a student manual/workbook from the class? It may have a label on it that includes the Training Center’s name.
• Search for Training Centers with our Training Center Locator tool in the same area where you took the class.
• If you are unable to get a response from your Training Center, please email TCCSupport@heart.org, and include the following information:
- Name of Training Center
- Instructor’s First and Last Name
- City and State
- Details of your complaint
Yes, AHA course completion cards are accepted in all US states.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC) works closely with the AHA. The HSFC provider card is recognized by the AHA and can be used for admission to an AHA provider course (renewal or update) or Instructor course in the same discipline. The HSFC Instructor card is recognized by AHA Training Centers the same way as an Instructor card issued by an AHA Training Center.
We suggest that you show your employer the AHA Course Card Reference Guide (PDF) to see pictures of HSFC cards and read about our relationship.